Fortunate enough to have a second chance in my professional life, I have returned to my childhood dream of working in the music industry where creativity and a desire to learn and grow are my drivers. With a range of both professional and personal life experiences to draw upon, I aim to translate successes and knowledge from my previous career into a successful career in sound production.
Born and raised in Leicestershire, England, music was always a part of my life. Inspired by artists such as Jimmy Hendrix, Dire Straits, Greenday & Nirvana. I learned guitar and aspired to a career in music, making and recording my own songs. Unfortunately, as for so many creative people, I was encouraged to choose a more reliable career, and music became my ever-present hobby.
After time living in Australia and travelling the world, I returned to England and made the move to owning a manufacture, design and distribution company with my wife, Emma. My ability to work with a range of people, manage projects, negotiate contracts with distributors and suppliers led to a move for us to New York City as well as exponential growth in the company. After 12 years, and with an opportunity to take stock of our lives and make some changes during the pandemic, we sold the business and returned to my wife’s home country Australia where I made the decision to revisit my hobby and make my dream career a reality, a blessing that has come from a difficult time for everyone.
As a result, I embarked upon a Diploma in Audio Production at SAE Creative Media Institute Australia. This diploma has equipped me with the skills to work in a studio and live sound environment, unearthed new creative skills to improve my understanding of musical arrangement, style and structure, skills and understanding to work in a variety of DAW’s such as Pro Tools and Ableton, strengthening my recording and mixing techniques as well as enhancing my own reflective learning techniques to improve me as a creative employee and person. I was also given the opportunity to gain invaluable industry experience working the back line and assisting audio crew for the duration of Bluesfest 2022.
I am now seeking new opportunities to mix music and gain industry experience. By combining my professional experience as an entrepreneur and business leader, the knowledge gained from my diploma, my passion for the industry and a willingness to roll my sleeves up and get the job done, I know I will be an asset to any future project.
2009 – 2020 – Owner – Monarch Acoustics Ltd, VP of Operations
- Developed initiatives and business plans, reviewed company policies and provided cost saving options accross all aspects of the business including sales, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics.
- Lead the design and operation for all new and existing products developed and manufactured in the UK and Far East
- Managed relationships with distribution networks accross the UK, North America, Australia and Europe.
- Implemented and maintained all product regulations and compliance including ISO, IEC, EN, UL standards.
- Developed North Amerian business strategy including opening a local office, recruiting a national sales team, reseller and distributor networks.
- Implemented a company-wide CRM with departmental training program.
- Uncovered large contracts and tenders and implemented processes required to support their fullfillment including managing customer relationships, product development, pricing negotiations and supply chain.
2005-2009 – Burrough Property Services Ltd – Project Manager